Investing in Türk Telekom
Türk Telekom group is Turkey's world-class, integrated telecommunication and technology services provider offering its customers the complete range of fixed line, mobile, data and internet services.
Privatized in 2005 and IPO’ed in 2008, Türk Telekom has undergone a successful transformation resulting in increased efficiency and significant OPEX savings together with an enlarged scope of services.
55% of Türk Telekom shares belongs to Oger Telekomünikasyon A.Ş. and 30% belongs to Turkish Treasury. The remaining 15% is publicly traded. Türk Telekom shares are listed in Istanbul Stock Exchange since May 2008.
Türk Telekom Group Highlights
- Türk Telekom is Turkey’s only integrated telecommunications service provider that owns country’s leading communication and technology companies.
- Strong management team with broad range of international experience and highly dynamic human resources expert in telecommunications sector lead for a pioneering perspective and the company’s growth strategy.
- Extensive service and distribution networks of Türk Telekom, AVEA (mobile arm) and TTNET (retail ISP) provide significant opportunities for the group.
- Robust revenue and cash flow on a consolidated basis enable the group to invest in promising business segments and support continuous growth.
Türk Telekom went public in May 2008; the offering stands as the 7th largest IPO in 2008 on a global scale and the largest IPO that has ever taken place in Turkey.
- Istanbul Stock Exchange Ticker: TTKOM
- Bloomberg Ticker: TTKOM TI
- Reuters Ticker: TTKOM IS
Turkey is a booming country possessing unique opportunities with its key geopolitical location and extensive resources.
Centrally located between Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East; an important energy corridor and a major trade hub connecting the East and the West.
Young and dynamic population of almost 74 million, with an median age of 29.2 constitutes qualified work force at competitive cost.
One of the fastest growing economies in the world with decisively implemented structural reforms and successful macroeconomic policies.
EU Accession Country since October 2005; accession goal act as an anchor towards improved economic conditions and better business environment.
Liberal and reformist investment climate welcomes foreign capital.